Feb 25, 2011

Wedding Day Part 1 - Hotel to Church

As I have mentioned in my earlier post, I wasn't able to sleep and it's already 4:00am, and that's 4hours before the wedding ceremony. The make-up artist came, then they started my mom's make-up. I was so angry at that time because I was worried that I will look like shit on my wedding because I haven't slept yet and it's still a long day ahead. Not wasting my time, made a coffee and then took a warm shower to freshen up my head.


Then few hours later, the photographers came. I wasn't ready, I don't know exactly what I was doing, maybe I was like relaxing when I only got only few hours left. lol. So the make-up artist put some powder on my damn face, put a damn make-up and sprayed my hair. Then wore my white pants, and polo. The photographer took a sample picture on my damn face and then said "sir, the make-up is thick and it looks errr".
So I told the make-up artist to lessen the make-up thing since I don't know how to get rid of it. But then the damn make-up artist told us that it's just powder. We were like, "what? powder?". I was like "with this damn thing on my eyes, it's shining like silvers, what powder are you effin talking about?" Since he insisted it's just a damn powder I took care of it with a toilet paper. lol

So the picture taking starts, me wearing the suit, the belt, the shoes, but not the tie. I don't know how to tie a tie, and nobody knows in the room how to do it too. So we got rid of the tie. lol. I strike a few pose, I wonder how I look there. hehe!

After the pictorial, it's already 7:00am, an hour and thirty minutes left before the wedding. It gives me the thrill. We called a friend, which is one of the groomsmen and also a cousin of my wife. He helped me tie my purple necktie. Yes it's purple. Can you picture me out with a white suit, white pants, a black belt, white shoes, and with the purple necktie? hee! At first I really don't care what I look like, and I thought I look bad. But when I look at the mirror. I look awesome! hahaha. Well, it's just for me though. :P I'll be posting some pics soon when we get the pictures from the photographers. 

I almost forgot, did I already mention that they didn't know where the bridal car was? Yes they still didn't know where it is and there was still nobody who will drive for her. Before the wedding day, I keep on asking my partner who will drive the car that I borrowed from my cousin (A big thanks to her that she allowed us to borrow it for our wedding.) to be used for the bridal car. My partner just keeps on saying maybe her older brother or her uncle or the partner of her older sister. It wasn't clear who! If only I could drive for her. I would have volunteered! haha! That was the reason why they were late at church, they were still looking for the car. Because of that, there were no flowers on the car. Just a plain gray car.

It's 8:00am, we arrived at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Parish. It's a sunny day, a beautiful day. As we were waiting. Some people didn't came, since it was so early in the morning. Maybe they were all still in their beds. Few minutes passed and it's almost 8:30am in the morning. The people in the church (parishioners, the guard, maybe the priest also?) keeps on asking where is the bride? There's still a wedding set at 10:00am and the bride has not yet arrived. It's 8:35... 36, 37, 38 and then the bridal car arrived. The singer immediately started singing and there it starts.

As I was waiting near the altar with my mom and my uncle. The bride entered the church with her parents. She was stunning, I couldn't do anything but just smiled. I was excited at the same time nervous, since the briefing on the other day was so not like I imagined. When they stopped, that was the time for me to get her hands from her parents. We started walking slowly nearer and nearer to the altar, I keep on asking "How was it, did I do it right? What to answer on the questions later?" She said "just follow my lead, since I will be asked first". She's my master after all! I was relieved. Then the wedding ceremony starts, the priest asked questions, we answered the "I DO's", blessed us, prayed for us and everything was all fine, except me sweating the hell out, and I can feel my sweat running down from my head. It was so hot, no fan, and everything.

The exchanging of vows, exchanging wedding rings, and the giving of the wedding coins. The priest finished everything, he pronounced us husband and wife. After it all, the pictorial starts. It was so messy. But it's okay, still it was fun. But before everything was finished, we were wondering where was the "You may now kiss the bride" part? We were talking while taking the pictorials with family, friends, relatives, etc. We just can't stop asking where was that part gone? haha! anyways, maybe the priest was in a hurry because it's almost 10:00am. and there's still a wedding coming.

Next up, Church to Reception. My eyes are teary now, I'm tired. Time to take a nap. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...